Monday, November 10, 2014

Best Museums in The U.S.

People have thousands of ways to relax, for me, museum is my first choice. To make it clear, I am not a geek, well... I think I am not... I do have passion about every details in my favorite museums, but I don't recognize myself as a geek. I love museums, they inspirit and aspirate me. When I was in museum, I felt that I am a small creature, but I know why human is human and how great a small creature can make a difference.

1.  The Getty Center
Getty Center locates in Los Angelas, California. Getty museum was originally J Paul Getty's house collection. After he died in 1976,  his collection turned over to Getty Trust for museum purpose.
Getty center is not only famous of the precious collections but also the architecture. White tune building shining in the L.A.'s sunlight. Lower level garden surrounds museum, Getty center is the paradises of both human's art and nature's art.



I went to Getty in 2014 Spring,  time is pretty tight, I only went to West Pavilion, where exhibited Vincent van Gogh's Irises.  Cloude Monet, Sunrise. All of them are genuine not a copy! I love Monet's paintings a lot. I love the different view the pairing presents when seeing in various locations. The color is deep and transparent.



Anyway, if I go to L.A again in future, I will definitely revisit Getty Center.


2. Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
Smithsonian Institute has 19 museums in Washington, 11 of them on the national mall. I have been to Washington for twice, and visited Natural History Museum for twice. It was so fun!  As the name, this museum tells the history of nature based on human findings. The museum have two stories exhibition rooms. The first floor provide a broad pictures of what is mammal, how animals evolution, from Ocean to land, then some groups back to ocean, and some remains on the land.  The second floor exhibit detail sciences or specific animal groups, I love Bones part and Live Insect Zoo. It was so interesting, all the bones are real in museum, as little as tadpole, as large as whale.


I did not take enough pictures there since I was learning then.

Another favorite part is Insect Zoo, where a lot alive insects are exhibited, I love the bees'  home so much, museum uses a tube for Bees transfer from home to outside, visitors can see clearly how bees work without sacrificing bees natural life.


3. National museum of American History
This is another Smithsonian museum on national mall,  she is classical and eternal, tells story about who is American, and how she grows.




No comments:

Post a Comment